GlassLogic Windshield Professionals
Windshield chip repair by GlassLogic Windshield Repair is a safe and cost-effective alternative to replacement.
- Saves you time…Rock chip repairs can be completed in less than 30 minutes; no waiting period for sealant to cure.
- Saves you money…Lower cost than replacement, or free if using insurance, saving you hundreds of dollars or more out-of-pocket.
- Saves your windshield…Quality repair restores the safety structure of the windshield and keeps the factory seal in place. No risk of water or air leaks and no need to replace state stickers.
- Helps save the environment…You help keep non-recyclable auto glass from being dumped into landfills when you choose repair whenever possible.
When to Repair Auto Glass
Rock chip damage such as bullseyes, stars, and combination breaks, can be fixed. The rock chip should be smaller than 1.25 inches (the size of a fifty-cent piece).
Cracks can also be fixed but fall under different guidelines. See Windshield Crack Repair.
For windshields that are not completely cracked out, a windshield repair performed by a certified technician is an excellent choice, and is commonly recommended by auto insurance companies. We are certified by the National Windshield Repair Association and have over 21 years’ experience repairing windshields.
For more help figuring out if your windshield is repairable, check out the following articles:
How to Choose an Auto Glass Service Provider
Auto glass shops usually install front and back windshields and car door glass in addition to doing windshield chip repair. However, we am an auto glass specialist who is specially trained to do rock chip and small crack repair only.
When you need a rock chip in your windshield fixed, it is wise to choose a windshield repair-only company, such as GlassLogic.
To avoid conflict of interest and getting ripped off.
Auto glass replacement shops that also fix rock chips often discourage repair as an option because it is more profitable to replace the windshield. In many cases, their chip repairs have a high failure rate. To avoid liability, they tell the client that the cost of the failed repair can be applied to a new windshield. (See our Auto Windshield Repair Scams page for more information about this kind of rip-off.)
Most insurance companies prefer chip repair, but a few are known to aggressively steer their clients to their own affiliated automotive glass installation shops. These shops often talk the customer into getting the windshield replaced instead of repaired. The customer then has to pay the deductible out-of-pocket.
Don’t let this happen to you! When contacting your insurance company, know your rights. Steering is illegal. Under state and federal laws, you have the right to select your own service provider. Make sure to tell the claims representative you selected GlassLogic Windshield Repair as your auto glass repair shop.
If you still have questions or need a windshield repair quote, please call me at (972) 983-8571. I’m happy to answer your questions.
Read more about my windshield chip repair services:
- About GlassLogic Windshield Repair
- Mobile RV Windshield Chip Repair
- GlassLogic FAQ
- My Windshield Repair Guarantee
This Post Has 2 Comments
where are you located??
We are located in the DFW area. Mobile to your home or business!